This week on the podcast I'm joined by Zach Portman, a bee taxonomist at the University of Minnesota in the Cariveau Native Bee Lab. For a while now I’ve been wanting to talk with a bee taxonomist about the impending taxonomic bottleneck we’re facing. So Zach and I chat about that. We chat about how taxonomy is a living science and why people in this profession deserve to make a living wage.
• Twitter @zachportman
• Coronavirus may prove boost for UK's bees and rare wildflowers (The Guardian) https://bit.ly/2VBeCZt
• Traffic and pollution plummet as U.S. cities shut down for coronavirus (New York Times) https://nyti.ms/34K4aTJ
• 5 lessons from coronavirus that will help us tackle climate change (Time) https://bit.ly/3cnWWap
• Some flowers have learned to bounce back after injury (EurekAlert/University of Portsmouth) https://bit.ly/3ewabaU
• Bees in Fiji point to new evolutionary answers (EurekAlert/Flinders University) https://bit.ly/3bsr2tD
• German museum looking for citizen scientists to help make bee collection accessible online (Museum für Naturkunde) https://bit.ly/3bca966
BEES OF GSENM
• The Bees of Grand Staircase-Escalante https://beesofgsenm.com/
Hit me up on Twitter and Instagram @bymattkelly
Get in touch at [email protected]
Please subscribe to the Bee Report Podcast. Leave a 5-star rating and review. And visit TheBeeReport.com to sign up for the newsletter to stay connected to the world of bees.