This week on the podcast I am joined by Scott McArt, assistant professor of pollinator health in the department of entomology at Cornell University. He and I discuss three recent news stories about pesticides and bee health. We break down the stories and get Scott's expert thoughts, opinions and insights on the issues.
Scott also gives us his Top Three List of the most important things that the public and policy makers should keep in mind about bees and pesticides.
• Website http://blogs.cornell.edu/mcartlab/
• Facebook https://www.facebook.com/DyceLab/
• Twitter @McArtLab
• Invest in pollinator monitoring for long-term gain (The Niche) https://bit.ly/2x0fFdh
• New Mexico unveils 'pollinator protection' license plate (Santa Fe New Mexican) https://bit.ly/3ayWA0e
• How animals understand numbers influences their chance of survival (EurekAlert/Cell Press) https://bit.ly/3bOGVua
• Rolled cardboard makes a handy insect-sampling tool (Entomology Today) https://bit.ly/3436epo
• Letter from the California Attorney General to the EPA regarding flonicamid https://bit.ly/2R6DWVQ
• A new pesticide is all the buzz (Ars Technica) https://bit.ly/2UD9Z1J
• The playbook for poisoning the Earth (The Intercept) https://bit.ly/2JC9Sgw
Has the novel coronavirus or any of the societal responses to the virus affected the research you have planned for this year? https://thebeereport.com/bee-report-survey/
Please subscribe to the Bee Report Podcast. Leave a 5-star rating and review. And visit TheBeeReport.com to sign up for the newsletter to stay connected to the world of bees.
Thoughts, questions or comments? Get in touch at [email protected]